October 6, 2009
He's growing too fast! In a little over a month my little Harrison will be one. Impossible. So here are his most current stats. He is now 21 lbs., 27 inches. He's fast, fast, fast! He is pulling up on everything and cruising along whatever he can grab a hold of. He says "dada" all the time, and when no else is around except for me it seems, he says "ma" with a toothless grin. He's real cute when he talks too- he does it in a whisper like he's got this really great secret. He's truly wonderful. I am not bias or anything. What surprises me most about him is his hair. Most of you remember that at birth he had more hair than most middle aged men, and it was darker than dark. Now it's this beautiful brownish blonde, that is getting lighter and lighter. It's funny, people are always asking me if I gave him a haircut because his hair has grown in so groomed-like, and I say no and joke that it just grows in perfectly. :) I am not proud am I? So here are some shots of the past month or so- Enjoy!
August 20, 2009
Just thought I would share some shots that my wonderfully talented friend Kristen took of the boys a couple months back. I of course wanted outside pictures on one of the hottest days of the year. The poor boys were melting and Kristen was such a good sport to indulge my request. Thank you Kristen- they came out awesome!
August 16, 2009
So where was I when the world sped up and gave me this little bottle of energy that is now nine months old?!!! Well needless to say Harrison is just doing wonderfully! He is crawling everywhere (though he prefers to army crawl- it's faster for him), exploring everything, saying da-da, holding his own bottle, and pulling up on the furniture. At this rate, he'll be driving next month and asking for a cell phone. We are still in waiting for some teeth though. Harrison has had a little bit of a rough time with gumming more solid foods, so for now we are strictly sticking to purees and formula- but he never complains! Harrison is laid back and happy! I think we'll keep him! :)
We recently were so blessed to be invited by our good friends to stay with them at their vacation home on Table Rock Lake over the weekend. To say it was wonderful and relaxing and awesome almost feels like an understatement. We had a blast! We spent a lot of our time on the lake swimming, tubing, and cliff jumping, and then the rest just having some great fellowship (and food, can't forget that) with our hosts! The boys loved it- you would have thought that they had been waiting their whole lives to be on that boat. I mean I can honestly say that my children actually relaxed almost the whole time we were on the water. :)
Thanks Captain Zeke and Patrice, obviously we had a wondeful time!
10 of Ben's favorite things (in no particular order):
1. Being naked. Seriously, you know it's bad when Ben asks where we are going when we get him dressed.
2. Popcorn. Let's just say that I may enable this addiction when I want to spend a little more time at Target and a good old bag of popcorn will allow me to fulfill this wish.
3. Caillou. Ugh I know- but Ben never really wants to watch TV, so when this little gem came along and now provides me with about 24 minutes to get a couple things done, I can't complain. Feel free to cast your judgement now. :)
4. Grandparents. Oh he loves them, can't get enough of them, and probably would trade Darrel and I in for them.
5. Bubbles. Even though he usually spills the whole bottle within a couple of seconds and never gets to blow one bubble, he is "Christmas Morning" excited if you even mention the possibility of playing with them.
6. Harrison. Ben is so proud to be a big brother, and he'll let you know if you ever pass us by at church or the store by saying "This is my brother Harrison." I can't tell you how many times Ben has comforted Harrison when he is crying by patting him and saying, "It's okay Harrison, don't cry." I love it!
7. Daddy. Ben's hero in everyway. Let's just say I couldn't have asked for a better man to be my children's father.
8. Cuddling with mommy. This may be an indulgement on my part to speak for Ben, but for my sake I'll say it is one of his favorite things. On those days when I feel like my baby is growing too quickly and I want to slow time just a bit- I'll let Ben fall asleep in my bed with me while watching a little tv. It's a trade-off really. He get's to stay up later and I get to hold him a little longer.
9. His birthday. Now mind you he has only had one that he can really remember, but boy has that day had it's lasting effects. Even mention the word birthday, and Ben will spout off everything he likes about them. Cake, balloons, presents, friends, ice cream, cake, cake, cake....There have been many times when we have caught him singing "Happy Birthday" to himself.
10. The Zoo. Ben loves it there, and I have to say Darrel and I do too. We have a great zoo here in Wichita so we actually go quite frequently. We love hearing Ben talk about all of the animals and the sounds that they make.
Okay- I know I said 10, but I can't help but adding just one more....
11. His friends. Ben is blessed to have many wonderful little friends. Where ever we go he always wants to know if they are going to be there, whether it's church or the grocery store. And he'll list them all off to anyone who wants to know. :)
Mr. Harrison is now seven months and some change, and he is growing, growing, growing! His newest milestone is positioning himself to crawl by rocking back and forth on his hands and knees and moving a bit forward before going back to rolling around. This is a big improvement from last month when he was using his head instead of his arms to move forward. :) We love that Harrison has a smile for everyone and what a precious smile it is- I promise you it will melt your heart and make you want to squeeze him tight. Another thing he has learned is to mimmick the sounds you make, which has been a fun game for all of us, especially grammy. We are still waiting for some teeth among some other things (sleep anyone...), but honestly who can complain when this little guy is just a bundle of love.
May 21, 2009
I can't believe that my little Harrison is six months old and is now weighing 17 lbs and is 28 inches long! He is just the sweetest little boy, always smiling and is soooo laid back! Thank You Lord! He is doing just wonderfully! He starting rolling over at three months and can now roll both ways. He has also started pulling his legs underneath him into the crawl position, which is also his new favorite sleep position. We call it "Bottom's Up." :) Unfortunately we found out that Harrison has some reflux issues, but since we have started him on medicine he is doing so much better and is sleeping for longer periods. Again Thank You Lord!!! We are not sleeping through the night yet, but we are persistent in our prayers that that milestone will be met shortly. :) Just this past week Harrison has discovered his hands. He loves staring at them and turning them so he can see the wonder that they are. He has also discovered that they are great for grabbing mama's hair (very gently of course) and his toys. Harrison sure loves and adores his big brother Ben, and the feeling is very mutual. He loves watching Ben play and carry on, and of course Ben loves to entertain and have an audience. It is so neat to hear them laugh and enjoy each other's company- I can only hope that it will always be that way. :) Harrison's favorite thing right now is his binky. A sweet friend from church made him an adorable little blanket (14"x14") that has really soft material on both sides and little ribbons tags on the edges. Harrison loves to sleep with it, in fact I had to go buy a couple more just so he would always have one because it really seems to help him get to sleep. I get a kick out of him nuzzling up with it and seeing those eyes get super heavy while he drifts off. So adorable! He has graduated out of the swing (which I affectionally called my babysitter when Harrison was littler) and has now moved on to his jumperoo. It is so neat to see him progress and grow, but I'll confess that it also makes me a little sad too. I guess they can't stay babies forever, but it would be nice if you could remember all the little things that make this time so special.
April 7, 2009
Ben and his best bud London were giving each other hugs on Sunday. It was pretty adorable. We told him to tell her how pretty she looked in her coat, so he walked up to her and just starting saying "Woo Hoo!" Next thing we knew they were hugging and laughing! If all relationships were that simple. :)
April 6, 2009
Yesterday I laid Harrison down on Ben's bedroom floor while I was helping Ben get dressed, and when I turned around Harrison had rolled over and just laid his head down on the floor. Usually he rolls over and shows off his great head and neck skills by looking around everywhere, but instead he decided to just relax. I guess this was a new way of telling me he was ready for his morning nap because he was snoozing very shortly after I took these shots. Could I have a baby any more laid back? I love it!
March 12, 2009
So right now Ben's best friends are two adorable little girls named London and Abbey. Every day he wants to know if we are going over to Abbey's house, or if London is going to come over? He calls for them in Target. "London where are you?" He also calls for London's mom, Kristen. We saw her there once, and I guess he thinks Kristen and London live at Target. I would be so jealous. :) There was also the time that Ben chased Abbey around the house for a while trying to kiss her, but we won't dwell on that one. Ben is always very excited about going to church because he wants to see his friends. Not a bad problem to have. At church, if Ben sees Abbey or London walking to bible class with their parents, he will run up to them, grab their hand, or their parent's hand, and walk with them. It's pretty cute. Here are a couple pictures that capture their adventures. :)
I'm sorry but I just have to share these pictures because the faces that Harrison makes sometimes for the camera are just priceless! He's doing great by the way. He just the happiest little thing and always has a smile for me. He loves to talk too! Almost every night we have about a five minute conversation before he goes to bed. I am just positive that he is telling me all about his day and all the things that Ben did to him (good and not so good) when I wasn't looking. I just love my time with him! I am so very lucky!
- ► 2010 (38)
- ▼ 2009 (31)
Must Love Blogs
Find It Here
Barefoot Contessa (1) Ben (12) breakfast (1) Chicken (6) Chili (1) Comfort Food (2) decor (1) Dessert (1) Dinner (5) family (1) Harrison (10) lamps (1) Makeovers (1) Naps (1) Paula Deen (1) pinterest (1) plates (1) Recipes (5) Renegade Turtles (1) Sides (1) Soup (2) summer (1) Tea (1) The Boys (7) yogurt (1)