June 21, 2009
10 of Ben's favorite things (in no particular order):
1. Being naked. Seriously, you know it's bad when Ben asks where we are going when we get him dressed.
2. Popcorn. Let's just say that I may enable this addiction when I want to spend a little more time at Target and a good old bag of popcorn will allow me to fulfill this wish.
3. Caillou. Ugh I know- but Ben never really wants to watch TV, so when this little gem came along and now provides me with about 24 minutes to get a couple things done, I can't complain. Feel free to cast your judgement now. :)
4. Grandparents. Oh he loves them, can't get enough of them, and probably would trade Darrel and I in for them.
5. Bubbles. Even though he usually spills the whole bottle within a couple of seconds and never gets to blow one bubble, he is "Christmas Morning" excited if you even mention the possibility of playing with them.
6. Harrison. Ben is so proud to be a big brother, and he'll let you know if you ever pass us by at church or the store by saying "This is my brother Harrison." I can't tell you how many times Ben has comforted Harrison when he is crying by patting him and saying, "It's okay Harrison, don't cry." I love it!
7. Daddy. Ben's hero in everyway. Let's just say I couldn't have asked for a better man to be my children's father.
8. Cuddling with mommy. This may be an indulgement on my part to speak for Ben, but for my sake I'll say it is one of his favorite things. On those days when I feel like my baby is growing too quickly and I want to slow time just a bit- I'll let Ben fall asleep in my bed with me while watching a little tv. It's a trade-off really. He get's to stay up later and I get to hold him a little longer.
9. His birthday. Now mind you he has only had one that he can really remember, but boy has that day had it's lasting effects. Even mention the word birthday, and Ben will spout off everything he likes about them. Cake, balloons, presents, friends, ice cream, cake, cake, cake....There have been many times when we have caught him singing "Happy Birthday" to himself.
10. The Zoo. Ben loves it there, and I have to say Darrel and I do too. We have a great zoo here in Wichita so we actually go quite frequently. We love hearing Ben talk about all of the animals and the sounds that they make.
Okay- I know I said 10, but I can't help but adding just one more....
11. His friends. Ben is blessed to have many wonderful little friends. Where ever we go he always wants to know if they are going to be there, whether it's church or the grocery store. And he'll list them all off to anyone who wants to know. :)
- ► 2010 (38)
- ▼ 2009 (31)
Must Love Blogs
Find It Here
Barefoot Contessa (1) Ben (12) breakfast (1) Chicken (6) Chili (1) Comfort Food (2) decor (1) Dessert (1) Dinner (5) family (1) Harrison (10) lamps (1) Makeovers (1) Naps (1) Paula Deen (1) pinterest (1) plates (1) Recipes (5) Renegade Turtles (1) Sides (1) Soup (2) summer (1) Tea (1) The Boys (7) yogurt (1)